Cirencester Property & Letting Management ...

Safety Certification

When you rent any property through us, you can be sure it’s safe to live in and all contents comply with the relevant safety regulations. Legislation changes often so, as part of our professional property management service, we ensure we always stay up to date with these changes, so both tenants and landlords have peace of mind at all times.

  • Gas Safety Check and Service
  • Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
  • Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
  • Oil Boiler Safety Check (CD12)
  • Service and Domestic Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Gas Safety Check and Service
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 cover all gas appliances, flues, meters and associated pipe work. We’ll arrange for a Gas Safe registered engineer to check all the gas installations at the property and issue a Gas Safety Certificate. We’ll give you a copy when you move in and we’ll hold a copy. This certificate must be renewed every year, which we will arrange.

Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
The Electrical Equipment (Safety Regulations) 1994 applies to any rental accommodation containing electrical equipment. We’ll arrange for a qualified electrical engineer to check all electrical installations at the property are safe before you move in.

Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
While there’s currently no legal requirement for portable electrical equipment to be tested, we arrange a PAT at all our rental properties, before tenants move in. This ensures all electrical appliances are safe for you to use, have a CE mark and, where relevant, the British Standard Guidance mark. You’ll be given instruction manuals for all portable electrical equipment within the property you’re renting.

Oil Boiler Safety Check (CD12)
If the rental property has an oil-fired boiler, we’ll ensure it is serviced and checked for performance and safety before you move in, and arrange an annual check and service, for your peace of mind.

Service and Domestic Energy Performance Certificate
Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) are now required by law, to give both landlords and tenants information about the energy efficiency of the property. We’ll give you an EPC before your tenancy starts.

Regulations for furnished properties
If the property is furnished, we’ll make sure items are compliant with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (Amended 1989 and 1993). This includes beds, pillows, headboards, mattresses, cushions, sofas, footstools, etc.

If the renewal of any safety certificate falls during the term of your tenancy, we’ll always arrange any inspections conveniently for you.

For more information about safety certification, please call us on 01285 898505 or email

What a brilliant service throughout the process.  Leaf made it so easy!!!!